HOME PAGE   |   NAISSO NEWS   |   CLASSIFIEDS   |   TECH FORUMS   |   SUPERSTORE
NAISSO Tech Forums - '96 Impala SS Interior lights stay on!!!
NAISSO Tech Forums
NAISSO Tech Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 94-6 Impala SS Maintenance and Owner Forums
 Electrical System / Lighting / Sound System
 '96 Impala SS Interior lights stay on!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nvivion

2 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  16:51:56  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
My interior lights won't turn off no mater what I do other than pull the fuse. I just recently scored a dimmer switch on EBay and have yet to put it in. But, I've started to think this may be due to the dimmer function of the interior lights. Is that controlled by a relay? If so, where is that relay? If it isn't a relay, where else should I look? I've already checked the door switches and even inside the door panels for anything shorting. Be advised, when this first started happening I could faintly smell smoke at the drivers door but could not locate the source. Please help.

Noel Vivion

Roadrunner96
level 3

799 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  11:40:06  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
There's a interior light timer module that may be bad.It controls the delayed shutoff function.IIRC it's located under the dash near the heater ducts(center of dash).I beleive it's dealer only as well.HTH later
Go to Top of Page

KillerB
level 1

13 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  21:29:42  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit KillerB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is most likely the door switch. It is a very simple switch, or button, located in the door jamb. It threads into the jamb and has one wire attached to it. when the door is open it creates a path to ground. Check this, it has probably fused closed.
B

96 Caprice 9C1
www.customspeakerpods.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
NAISSO Tech Forums © 2009 NAISSO Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Top of Page   
  Contact NAISSO | NAISSO Privacy Policy | Web-site Feedback | Email the Webmaster
Copyright 2009 NAISSO, Impala SuperStore. All rights reserved.
138 Palm Coast Parkway NE, Palm Coast, FL 32137

Chevrolet and Impala emblems are trademarks of Chevrolet Motor Division, General Motors Corporation and used with permission by NAISSO.